Red Cabbage Sauerkraut For Health and Vitality
Red cabbage sauerkraut is loaded with the many nutrients we need to prevent illness and to keep our bodies healthy into old age. A few forkfuls of raw red-cabbage kraut will provide several hundred types of probiotics that aid digestion.
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut has vitamins
Red kraut has 6 to 8 times the vitamin C as green cabbage sauerkraut.
Red Cabbage Sauerkraut is Delicious and Economic
This can be made at home and costs pennies a day–the cheapest health insurance you can buy.
- All you need to do is cut the cabbage into thin slices
- Pack it into a jar, plastic bucket or basin, stainless steel pan, or what-ever vessel that you already have. Don’t use aluminum.
- Add a tablespoon of salt of salt for each five pounds.
- Hammer it down with your fists, or use any vegetable smasher. Get angry and really make the juice come out.
- Mix in the salt and press the mixture down until the juice comes out.
- As a last resort add a small amount of water–just enough water to cover the batch.
.Press it down every day. After a few days the bubbles and delicious smells will begin. This can be eaten whenever your appetite overpowers your mental refraining powers
How to know when it is done.
The fermenting period takes about 28 days to complete all four stages–but it may be all gone before that. You can always start a new batch if you eat it all too soon.
Where to Ferment the Red Cabbage Sauerkraut
This can remain on the table at room temperature or just set it in the corner. Don’t refrigerate until after it is all done fermenting. It will keep all summer in the refrigerator.