Green Beans are a Powerhouse of Food
Green beans are an excellent finger food for delicious snacks.
Don’t underestimate the value of the lowly green bean.
Eating Green Beans Will build flat abdominals.
Green beans are low in calories and high in food value:
- Green beans have no saturated fat and are high in micronutrients.
- These beans are a rich source of dietary fiber and help move food through the digestive track.
- The fiber in green beans helps protect the colon and decreases the cancer-causing chemicals in the gut.
- They help reduce the cholesterol in the blood.
- Green beans are loaded with things like carotenoid, vitamin A, flavonoid, folates–the list goes on and on.
- Green beans are a source of folate that may help prevent pregnancy and aging problems.
- Green beans will prevent macular degeneration by providing Zea-xanthin and carotine.
- Green beans are heart-healthy.
- Potassium in green beans is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure.
- Green beans are grown in the rich soil of the North East, South East and Midwestern United States. This soil is important to obtaining the proper nutrients.
- Green beans are an important food that helps build strong bones.
Preparation and Cooking:
- Trim the ends, cut into pieces as you like.
- Wash them in a vinegar and water solution, about five to Rinse them and leave a small hint of vinegar for flavor.
- Green beans are best when steamed. Put them into a pan with a half cup of water.
- Bring to a boil and turn the heat down until just a little steam comes out.
- Steam for 5 minutes–or until they meet your likings.
These will keep for a week in the refrigerator.
Green beans travel well and don’t need refrigerated.
Green Beans are a Powerhouse of Food.