Sausage and Greens Breakfast
A Sausage and greens breakfast will enhance your day.
Whether I am working at my computer or out in the “back-40” I need a good breakfast. Sausage and greens make a hearty breakfast that will carry me through the morning.
This is a high energy breakfast that is appropriate for office workers, taxi drivers and school teachers, as well as construction workers and retired people.
- Raw sauerkraut
- Fermented vegetables (kimchi)
- Green beans
- Cup of raw green vegetables—ran through the blender
- Cup of steamed collard greens
- A big helping of fried hot sausage, onions and red bell peppers
- A sprinkling of chia seeds for flavor
- This breakfast can be prepared ahead of time and refrigerated in a pan. If the things are placed carefully then removed carefully everything will stay separated.
- The sauerkraut, fermented vegetables and green slurry can also be prepared ahead and refrigerated.
- This rugged breakfast for rugged people will withstand being mistreated. A few hours without refrigeration will not scare it. This meal can be eaten cold as well as reheated. A few hours in the summer sun will add to the flavor. A Sausage and greens breakfast will enhance your day.